tisdag 15 september 2026

AAA Colourful - colourboard #32

Hello Crafty friends,

It's the 15th of September and time for a new colourboard challenge at AAA Colourful. This month we have a gorgeous colour combination of - 

Greens and Pinks

for you to be inspired by. The colours of the board must be the most prominent on your creation, but you may add neutrals like black, greys, browns, white and skin colours. Remember we love all kinds of paper craft projects - scrapbook spreads, art journaling pages, ATCs, cards, tags........ and in any style and technique too.

Here's my take on the board


I hope you like the colours as much as I do, and that you are inspired to play along with us in this fun and colourful challenge! You have until the 14th of October to create, upload and link your project to the AAA Colourful challenge blog, a blog filled with inspiration by the amazing design team and our special guest designer for the month, Cassandra. I really like Cassandra's card, it is so fun. Hope to see your creation there too!




Here's how I created my card.
I really like the picture on the colourboard, and the variation in the colours as the sunlight hits the leaves. In an attempt to recreate the effect I started by ink smooshing a card panel of watercolour paper in different shades of green ink. Once the panel was covered and the paper had dried a little I dryed embossed it with a leaf embossing folder. I die cut and coloured all the pieces for the little parrot. I also die cut some leaves, buds and an oval frame and centrepiece. After assembling all the pieces I started playing with the placement of the objects. When I was happy with the orientation of the card and placement of everything, I stamped a sentiment on the white oval before glueing it all together. A frame from the same paper as the oval frame was added to the panel before addhering it to my card base.

Products used for this card
Inks:
Distress Oxide Inks and Distress Inks by Tim Holtz/ Ranger and VersaFine Ink by Tsukineko
Embossning folder: by Altenew
Die sets: Tropical Friends and Flying High by Spellbinders 
Papers: Scraps from my stash


I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
A Cut Above - ATG with a Die Cut


Addicted to Stamps and More challenge 525 - Diecuts and/or Stencils


Girlz & The Art of Letters - Letter I (Inks and ink smooshing)
Just Us Girls challenge 840 Word Week - Bold (bold colours)









NBUS challenge 90 - Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (my NBUS: the embossing folder)






The Sisterhood of Crafters - Frame It (framed the embossed panel and the oval with the sentiment)
Triple B - Birds, bloms and/or Butterflies






I hope you like my card, and that you are inspired to get colourful and play along with us. We are so looking farward to see how you are inspired by the colours.

Take care, keep crafting and get colourful!

Jane
x

19 kommentarer:

  1. Aw, this is spectacular! Bold, vibrant colors and embossed background are amazing. The ink blending is wonderful and you've captured the AAA inspiration perfectly. Love that adorable bird! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with A Cut Above's September Challenge.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment! x

      Radera
  2. Beautiful colourful card, love the vibrant colours and little die-cut parrot.
    Carol x

    SvaraRadera
  3. Your cute parrot and leafy background make for a charming card - and talk about an amazing way to capture the essence of the colourboard. Amazing inspiration for our challenge.
    hugs~carol

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Carol! You are too kind! xx

      Radera
  4. Well, isn't she just the cutest pink bird!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and The Sisterhood of Crafters!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    Triple B Co-Owner, TSH DT

    SvaraRadera
  5. Super cute make!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to stamps and more.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    SvaraRadera
  6. I love your bold tropical colors and that cute pink bird!!!!! What a fun birthday card for a friend! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    SvaraRadera
  7. Adorable card. Love the different watercolors you smooshed together. [Bunny]

    SvaraRadera
  8. Your card is so cute, love that little parrot. Whoever receives it, is going to love it. Hope you're having a good weekend.
    cindys-greencricut

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment! Have a wonderful day! x

      Radera
  9. What a fabulous use of the colors. Such a beautiful card and cutest bird.

    SvaraRadera

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated! x