Hello Crafty friends,
It's the 15th of September and time for a new colourboard challenge at AAA Colourful. This month we have a gorgeous colour combination of -
Greens and Pinks
for you to be inspired by. The colours of the board must be the most prominent on your creation, but you may add neutrals like black, greys, browns, white and skin colours. Remember we love all kinds of paper craft projects - scrapbook spreads, art journaling pages, ATCs, cards, tags........ and in any style and technique too.
Here's my take on the board
I hope you like the colours as much as I do, and that you are inspired to play along with us in this fun and colourful challenge! You have until the 14th of October to create, upload and link your project to the AAA Colourful challenge blog, a blog filled with inspiration by the amazing design team and our special guest designer for the month, Cassandra. I really like Cassandra's card, it is so fun. Hope to see your creation there too!
Here's how I created my card.
I really like the picture on the colourboard, and the variation in the colours as the sunlight hits the leaves. In an attempt to recreate the effect I started by ink smooshing a card panel of watercolour paper in different shades of green ink. Once the panel was covered and the paper had dried a little I dryed embossed it with a leaf embossing folder. I die cut and coloured all the pieces for the little parrot. I also die cut some leaves, buds and an oval frame and centrepiece. After assembling all the pieces I started playing with the placement of the objects. When I was happy with the orientation of the card and placement of everything, I stamped a sentiment on the white oval before glueing it all together. A frame from the same paper as the oval frame was added to the panel before addhering it to my card base.
Products used for this card
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks and Distress Inks by Tim Holtz/ Ranger and VersaFine Ink by Tsukineko
Embossning folder: by Altenew
Die sets: Tropical Friends and Flying High by Spellbinders
Papers: Scraps from my stash
I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
A Cut Above - ATG with a Die Cut
Addicted to Stamps and More challenge 525 - Diecuts and/or Stencils
Girlz & The Art of Letters - Letter I (Inks and ink smooshing)
NBUS challenge 90 - Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (my NBUS: the embossing folder)
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Frame It (framed the embossed panel and the oval with the sentiment)
Triple B - Birds, bloms and/or Butterflies



aww he's so cute
SvaraRadera