Hello,
It is time for a new Gorgeous Gift Tags Instagram Hop, and for the month of September the optional theme is -
School Days

As always I have gone with the theme, and I had so much fun creating this school inspired tag. I knew right away that I wanted to create a pencil shaped tag, but I wasn't sure on how to decorate it. So I started by making the pencil by cutting out a rectangle in kraft cardstock for my pencil base. I also cut out a piece of pink cardstock for the rubber/eraser, a yellow rectangle out of patterned paper and a silver strip for the metal part between the rubber/eraser and pencil. To create the pencil shape I cut a point at one end of the kraft rectangle. The pink rubber/eraser and the yellow piece were glued to the pencil shape. Before adding the silver strip, two lines were embossed on it to make it look more authentic. Last but not least I coloured the tip of the pencil. Then it was time to decorate, but how?. I pulled out my hÄnglar&Wings stamps and looking through them I found this cute little guy from a stamp set called "Bokmalar" (bookworms) and I thought he was perfect. I stamped, coloured and fussy cut him out. For the colours I chose the colours of my children's old primary school uniforms (how both they and I missed their uniforms when we moved to Sweden). I gave the little cutie a pair of die cut glasses I found in my stash. I made a blackboard and added it and the boy to the pencil tag. I felt something was missing in the lower corner of the tag, so an apple, the fruit of knowledge, created using a pumpkin die were added. I used foam tape behind the apple to give it some dimention. I wrote on the blackboard with a white gell pen, adding the standard frase "LÅT STÅ!" (meaning: do not clean/erase!) which I know anyone gone to school in Sweden recognise. I hope you like my school days inspired tag!
Products used for my tag
Die sets: Pick of the Patch by Lawn Fawn
Stamp set: Bokmalar by hÄnglar&Wings
Die sets: Pick of the Patch by Lawn Fawn
Stamp set: Bokmalar by hÄnglar&Wings
Papers: scraps from my stash
Markers: Copic sketch and ciao
Markers: Copic sketch and ciao
Pen: Gell Roll Bright White by Sakura

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated! x