fredag 1 mars 2024

AAA Birthday Card challenges Game #59 - Geometric

 Hi Hello Good Morning/ Afternoon/ Evening,

Hope everyone is doing well!

Can you believe it's already the 1st of March? The first month of Spring (I hope)! March can be a month of winter aswell as a month of spring here in the south of Sweden. I'm crossing my fingers and hope for spring! One thing is certain, and that is that it is time for a new challenge at AAA Birthday. This month's theme was chosen by our design team member Vicki, and the theme is

Geometric


so for the month of March we would like to see birthday cards with geometric shapes, see challenge card further down. Here is my take 



For this card I have gone with a geometric butterfly as my focal point. I started by die cutting the butterfly out of some black cardstock, and adhered it to a white panel. At first I was going to leave it as is, but then I decided to fill in the openings on the butterfly. I found a piece of scrap paper from the last time I played with my alcohol inks, and die cut a second butterfly from it. I picked out the small pieces from inside the butterfly and placed them into the openings on the black butterfly on my card panel. I thought about filling all the spaces but I really liked how it looks with some left empty. I stamped a birthday greeting, gave the panel a black border and glued it all to a card base.

Products used
Die:
"Origami Butterfly D180516" by Gummiapan
Stamp set: "FikaErika" by hÄnglar&Wings
Papers: from my stash
Alcohol inks by Ranger and by pentart






I hope you'll join us in this fun challenge! You have until the 31st of March to create, upload and link your geometric inspired birthday card to the AAA Birthday challenge blog.

Need more inspiration, and/ or information on how to play along? Head on over to the challenge blog. It is filled with beautiful birthday cards by the design team and our special guest designer for the month, Karen Rogers. Don't forget to visit their blogs/ social media and show them some love!

Hope to see your birthday card/s on the AAA Birthday challenge blog!

Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Jane
x

8 kommentarer:

  1. That's a very clever use of geometric shapes to make a pretty butterfly

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Maaike! Yes, the butterfly die by Gummiapan is beautiful, unfortunatelly I can't take credit for it. xx

      Radera
  2. Svar
    1. Yes you are right, geometry can be awesome! xx

      Radera
  3. The geometric butterfly is gorgeous Jane and love the pretty pink colour you used. Hugs, Denise x

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Denise! Unfortunatelly I can't take credit for the beautiful butterfly die, but I am glad you like it, and the pink. xx

      Radera
  4. Beautiful geometric card! The colors are so pretty and I really like that die. Thank you also for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate your time and sweetness! Hugs!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank YOU, Kristin! Both for your kind comment on my card, and for taking the time to visit and showing appreciation on my blog! I too really appreciate it! xx

      Radera