torsdag 15 februari 2024

AAA Colourful colour themed challenges - Colourboard #1

 Hello Crafty Friends,

Today is the day! I'm so excited!
It's time for the the launch of the brand new challenge blog -


🎉 AAA Colourful! 🎉


AAA Colourful is a monthly challenge all about using colour. On the 15th of every month there will be a new Colourboard for you to be inspired by, the colours on the board should be the most prominent on your creation, but you may also use neutrals like black, white, greys, browns and skin tones. You will have until the 14th of the following month to play along. Cards can be for any occasion, and any style. We would also love to see tags, ATCs, scrapbook pages, journaling pages......


Now back to the very first AAA Colourful challenge - Colourboard #1. For this first challenge we are inspired by the colours from our blog header - a gorgeous selection from the rainbow. 





For my very first creation for this very first AAA Colourful challenge I have opted for a birthday card, as you could say today's AAA Colourfuls birthday. 





I started by ink blending a card panel using a heart stencil and Distress Oxides in three different colours. After ink blending through the stencil and removing it I went over the whole panel with the same colours as I used for the stenciled hearts. I addhered the inked panel to a card base after giving it a black border. Then it was time for my centre piece, a white heart with a party hat and a greeting. I die cut two hearts, one with a lacy border, and addhere to the front of the card. I die cut, and put together, the party hat, the greeting and some little "twinkles" and added them all to the white heart on the panel. As a final touch I added a few sequins to the card.

Products used
Stencil: "Print Shop" by Vicki Boutin
Dies: Thinlitz Colorize "Celebrate" by Tim Holtz/ Sizzix, "Lacy Heart Stackables" and "Outside In Stitched Heart Stackables" by Lawn Fawn, "HB2U - D180204" by Gummiapan
Inks: Distress Oxide inks "Picked Raspberry", Spiced Marmalade" and "Squeezed Lemonade" by Tim Holtz/ Range
Papers: Nennah Solar White and scraps from my stash


I hope you are inspired to play along with us in this very first colourful challenge, and many more to come. In need of more inspiration, and information? Head on over to the AAA Colourful challenge blog for more colourful inspiration by the amazing Design Team. I am so happy to be part of this team, and I must admit I'm a bit starstruck to be amongst so many talented crafters.

Hope to see you and your colourful creation on the AAA Colourful challenge blog ! You have until the 14th of March to create, upload and link your project.



Playing along with the following challenges;
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Add A Heart
Moving Along With The Times  challenge163 - Love Hearts
Pearly Sparkles Challenge  92 - Love/ Have a heart
Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge   232 - Anything Goes
Snippets Playground Challenge #473 - use your snippets (the party hat, crosses and the HB2u all from leftover paper snippets) 
The Rocket Challenge  #111 - Birthday



Take care, keep crafting and get colourful!

Jane
x


8 kommentarer:

  1. Fabulous card Jane, love the inkblending with the hearts

    SvaraRadera
  2. A wonderfully colourful card using up a few snippets.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. X

    SvaraRadera
  3. What a great card Jane! I love the vivid colours! One touch I find inspiring is how you used the HB2U Gummiapan die. I had one included in a recent Mystery Bag from their UK outlet and adding it to a die background really does make it pop! Clever idea. Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Di! I'm so glad I found the Snippets Playground, it is such a great idea using up all those little leftovers. Thanks for the inspiration! xx

      Radera
  4. Love the colours on this bright card.
    Thank you for joining in at this month's MAWTT challenge.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, and thank you for the inspiration! x

      Radera