fredag 1 december 2023

AAA Birthday challenge #56 - Add a Tag

 Hello Crafty Friends,

It's the 1st of December, and time for a new birthday card challenge over at AAA Birthday Card challenges. For this months challenge we have a really fun theme for you

Add a Tag

Please see challenge card further down.

You can choose if you want to create a card with a tag on it, or if you want to make a separate tag to match your card. But remember there has to be a birthday card!




The AAA Birthday challenge blog is filled with fun, beautiful and inspiring birthday cards with tags, on the card or separate, by our special guest designer for the month Helen Brammer and the design team. So why not head on over and check them out, I promise you won't be disappointed.





I hope you've been inspired to play along with us for this fun challenge, as we can't wait to see your take on the challenge! You have until December 31st to create, upload and link your birthday cards to the AAA Birthday cards challenge blog.



If you want to know how I created my card and what products I've used please keep on reading.

This months theme was a bit of a challenge for me. How could I add a tag to my card? Then I thought "why not make my card base into a birthday present with ribbon, bow and a tag?". So that's what I did.

I started by creating my "wrapping paper" by ink blending my card base using a stencil and some Distress Oxide ink. Then I cut some strips of paper for the "ribbon" and adhered them to the card, and there it stopped.
I needed a bow for my "birthday present", hmmm....... YouTube here I come. Found a tutorial on how to make paper bows and gave it a go. It's not the best bow and far from perfect, but for a first go I'm happy with it.
Die cut a tag, and the letters H, B and U out of it. The number 2 I die cut separately as the only number die I got is one big die with all the numbers from 0 - 9 on it. I glued the 2 to the tag to make up the sentiment "HB 2 U" (Happy Birthday to You). I placed a piece of iridescent card behind the letters on the tag, to give it some interest and shine, before adding my tag to the "birthday present"/ card. Here's a close up




Products used
Stencil:
Divine by Lavinia Stamps
Ink: Distress Oxide ink "Salty Ocean" by Tim Holtz/ Ranger
Dies: Framelits - Tag collection by Tim Holtz/ Sizzix, Finley's ABCs by Lawn Fawn and Numbers by CraftEmotions


As I said I found the theme a bit difficult at first and had a hard time coming up with any ideas on what to create, but once I got started I had so much fun and ended up creating not one but four different cards. I will share the cards throughout the month of December, one every Friday, here on the blog and on my IG page. I might even make a fifth to post on the last Friday of the year.


Thank you so much for stopping by, I really appreciate it!

Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Jane
x

6 kommentarer: