Hello Crafty Friends,
It's the 1st of August and time for the 88th challenge over at AAA Birthday Card challenges. We have a lovely theme, chosen by our talented DT Denise, for you to be inspired by, and the theme for the month is -
Flowers
Isn't it a lovely theme? Very fitting as we are in the midst of summer, at least here on the northern hemisfer. The design team and our special guest designer for the month, Susan aka Auntysue, have filled the challenge blog with beautiful birthday cards for you to draw inspiration from. So why not head on over to check them out, and spread a little love when you are theređ
We hope you will help us fill up the challenge blog with even more beautiful and flowery birthday cards. You have until the 31st of August to create, upload and link your card to the AAA Birthday Card challenge blog. Hope to see you there!
We hope you will help us fill up the challenge blog with even more beautiful and flowery birthday cards. You have until the 31st of August to create, upload and link your card to the AAA Birthday Card challenge blog. Hope to see you there!
Here's how I created my card.
Inspired by the flowers, and colours, on the challenge card, I grabbed one of my favourite stencils, a card panel and some ink pads in cheerful colours. At first I was going to ink the flowers individually in one colour each and the leaves in green by masking them off, but feeling a bit lazy and in the mood for a rainbow I decided to ink blend my floral panel like a rainbow instead. Once I had ink blended my panel I gave it a black border and added a wavy sentiment strip. The panel was then addhered to a card base and a few little clear enamel dots where added to the finished card. Hope you like it!
Products used
Paper: Neenah Solar White cardstock
Stencil: "Fresh Stencils - Color Study" by Vicki Boutin
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks by Tim Holtz/ Ranger
Dies: "Small dotted rectangle stackables" and "Simple wavy banners" both by Lawn Fawn
Embossing powder: WOW! Opaque Bright White Super Fine
Take care and have a wonderful summer/ winter!
Jane
x
Jane
x


that's gorgeous
SvaraRadera