lördag 15 april 2023

Art journal page in complementary colours

 Hi,
Today I've been playing with complementary colours in my art journal
inspired by the spring cybercrop at Pyssloteket and
Utmaning 3 - Tettiz komplimentfärger




Here I've played with Distress ink, Dylusions ink spray, Distress paint, modeling paste, a stencil, pigment ink, embossing powder and stamps.

I started by ink blending my background in blue, I then stamped and heat embossed the bird on my page. I also stamped and heat embossed a second bird which I fussy cut before spraying it with dylusions ink spray in orange. While the bird was drying I grabbed a stencil and some modeling paste and added that to my page. I adhered the orange bird on top of the stamped bird on my page, added some splatters in dark blue distress paint and my stamped and heat embossed sentiment.

Products used
Stamp set: "
Life is Beautiful" by Visible Image
Distress ink: "Broken China" by Tim Holtz/ Ranger
Distress paint: "Uncharted mariner" by Tim Holtz/ Ranger
Dylusions ink spray: "squeezed orange" by Dyan Reaveley/ Ranger
Modeling Paste: by Panduro
Stencil: "Create Happiness KSTDL64" by Vicky Papaionnou/ Stamperia
Pigment ink: VersaFine Clair "Nocturne" by Tsukineko
Embossing Powder: "Clear Gloss regular" by WOW!


I'm still very new at art journaling, and I must admit I'm struggling a bit. I think I'm overthinking the process, but I'm slowly learning to let go and to go with the flow. So challenges like this one is perfect for me as they get me out of my comfort zone, and I am fully enjoying playing and learning about different mediums.





Thank you for taking the time to stop by, I truly appreciate it!

Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Jane
x


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar