tisdag 6 september 2022

Mixed media journaling - Live your life in colour

 Hello Crafty friends,

I have found it really difficult to craft lately, I've totally lost my mojo.
I have so many cards I need to make, and want to create, but I have no inspiration. So to try to find that mojo again I've decided to try to create something every week, even if it doesn't turn out the way I want it to. I've also decided to try out new (to me) products and techniques to see if that can spark my mojo into gear.

When I took part in the Summer craft bingo at Pyssloteket this summer I gave art journaling and mixed media a go and found it to be so much fun, but really challenging. So inspired by those challenges and Vicky Papaioannou's amazing videos on YouTube, I've invested in a Mixed Media journal.


This page took me so long to create. I started of by ink blending my pages but it looked awful, so I ripped up an old book and clued pieces of the book pages on top of my ink blending. To try to give the pages some colour I got some Distress paint down on my pages, but once again it turned out horrible. Feeling defeated I grabbed some black acrylic paint and painted over the whole thing, and thought this is not for me......

but then I looked at the pages and thought to myself " it looks a little like a black board", and from there these pages emerged.


Products used:
Mix media journal by Vicky Papaioannou and Stamperia
Die set "Art Tulip" by Vicky Papaioannou and Spellbinders
Rainbow die set by My Favorite Things
Stamp "CLBP 11" by CREAlies
Distress Paint "picket fence" by Tim Holtz and Ranger
Black acrylic by flyingtiger

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar