tisdag 1 oktober 2024

AAA Birthday Card challenges Game #66 - Circle Shaped

 Hello Crafty Friends,

It's October 1st and time for a new Birthday Card challenge at AAA Birthday! The theme for the month was chosen by our talented DT member Deekshita and it's a real fun one - 

Circle Shaped

We want you to create birthday cards that are circle shaped, so no rectangular or square cards with circles on them. The card has to be circle shaped/ round.

Here's my take

I have made a circle shaped shaker card for my husband who is a sailor and diver, hence the nautical/ocean themed design.

I started by die cutting all the pieces I needed for the card, then I ink blended the ocean background. I coloured and assembled the pieces for the fish, sea weed and coral. I put together the ocean scene. I then decided to turn the card into a shaker card, so I die cut some more portholes to layer on top of each other to create some depth for my shaker elements, and I cut a piece of acetate for my shaker window. I assembled it all and glued it to my circular card base. I added a banner with a stamped birthday greeting, and an anchor, on top of the card. 


Product used for this card
Dies: Circle die by Craft Emotions, Coastal Escape View by Spellbinders
Embossing Folder: "Lumber" 3D folder by Tim Holtz
Stamps: "Reveal wheel circle sentiments" by lawn Fawn
Inks: Distress Oxides "Salvaged Patina", "Peacock Feathers" and "Salty Ocean" by Tim Holtz/Ranger
Markers: Copic
Embellishments: Glass Beads crystal by Finnabair


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;
Allsorts challenge - ATG
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG, must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Die Cut Divas challenge - ATG on a card
Dragonfly Dreams challenge - Happy Birthday
(PIN)spirational Challenges - Shapes (shaded card)
Scrapping4funChallenges - ATG


Now it's your turn! I can't wait to see your circle shaped birthday card!
In need of more inspiration? Click on over to the AAA Birthday Cards challenge blog, which is filled with beautiful inspiration by our special guest designer for the month, Nancy, and the design team. Don't forget to show them all some love! 💕





You have until October 31st to create, upload and link your circle shaped birthday cards to the challenge blog. Hope to see you there!


Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Jane
x

12 kommentarer:

  1. love th elittle scen you've created, I was thinking porthole too, but the one I have is so small, not good for a card. But I love yours!

    SvaraRadera
  2. This is a fantastic card with a well thought out and effective design. Thanks for joining in with us at Allsorts challenge.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much! Congrats on your 800th challenge! x

      Radera
  3. The card is adorable! So glad you joined the challenge at Die Cut Divas this month for our Make a Card celebrating World Card Making Day and week using die cuts or embossing folders.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much! So glad I found your fun challenge, love using die cuts and embossing folders. x

      Radera
  4. I love this! The "wooden" framing looks so good with those fun, fun fishes!

    SvaraRadera
  5. What a brilliant card. thank you for sharing at Allsorts this week. Sarah

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah! Congrats on your 800th challenge! x

      Radera
  6. Oh, my goodness!!! This is so adorable!! LOVE how you framed the scene with a porthole and that you also made it a shaker card!! So fun!! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Heather! x

      Radera

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated! x