måndag 19 september 2022

"To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrows" - Art journaling

 Hello,
 and welcome to a new week of crafting!
Today I'm sharing an art journal spread I created over the weekend. I'm still struggling with finding my mojo, but watching art videos on Youtube and playing with all the inspiring goodies by Vicky Papaioannou is really helping, and this spread was inspired by one of Vicky´s art journal pages where she planted flowers in the wellies from her ephemera pack.





This was not what I had envisioned when I started working on this spread, but once again my mistakes led me in another direction than the one I intended. And I must say I absolutely love it!

My plan was to create a page, not a two page spead, in blues and greens, so I started of by ink blending the right hand side of this spead in those colours, but somehow I managed to mess it up completely. I didn't know how to save the page and thought the only way was to paint it over with black paint, but I didn't want to create another black background. My eyes caught sight of an ink pad with Distress oxide in Vintage photo laying on my table, and I grabbed it and started swiping it across the page. It looked aweful! In a desperate attempt to clean it of I grabbed a baby wipe and started rubbing on the Oxide ink. I didn't get it all but it matted the colour. The left side of the spread looked very bare next to the brown mess on the right side so I took the baby wipe, full of oxide ink, and rubbed across the left side. It left the most beautiful wood effect look on the page, and I almost wish I had stopped there (or at least taken a photo of it). The right side was still a brown mess so I decided to try to salvage it by using some white Distress paint over it, which I applied using a brayer. Then I just went for it with stamps and inks. I had no clue on what to create until I saw, in the corner of my eye, my Vicky Papaioannou's ephemera pack with those green wellies. As Vicky I planted some flowers in my wellies, and finished the spread by adding some rubbons, some splatters and a sentiment to the spread. The sentiment " To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrows" is a quote by Audrey Hepburn.


Products used:
Art journal: "Create Happiness" Mixed Media Journal by Vicky Papaioannou/Stamperia
Paint and ink: Distress Paint "Picket Fence", Distress Oxide "Vintage Photo" and Distress Ink "Black Soot" by Tim Holtz/Ranger, Brilliance "Moonlight white" by Tsukineko
Ephemera: "Create Happiness" ephemera pack and Rub Ons by Vicky Papaioannou/Stamperia
Sentiment: DYMO LetraTag


I hope you like my spread, I love it!
If you've made it this far, reading all my text, I'm truly impressed!

Thank you so much for stopping by, I really appreciate you taking the time!
Take care, have fun and keep crafting!

Jane
x


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar